5.23.2012

So a bit of reflection..... Today's lecture was mainly on the assignment and how to respond to the criteria ... Now I had a bit of a sudden realization within this lecture.

I took the mapping I had done earlier to develop my form and in some ways  I feel that this may not have been the best reaction to the overall concept of the site I am trying to convey. Really all the mapping gave me was a place in which I can develop the form and structural intent of this building not the actual form itself, (which in a broad sense was a simple extraction and deformation). Now this form created only a sense of the solid and seemed to lose the transparent/temporal elements, which we so actively chased in our folie and are the instinctive elements when one thinks of a memory driven concept.. I feel now I need to express this idea of solid vs void in a much more dramatic way to create this somewhat ethereal temporality.

No comments:

Post a Comment